1. What are the requirements of membership in WEConnect International?
In general, members are large procurement organizations (usually corporations) committed to:
• Supporting and promoting WEConnect International’s vision and mission
• Designating a senior representative as a point of contact for WEConnect International
• Actively participating in WEConnect International activities, including committees, where applicable
• Refraining from sharing or using any information from the WEConnect International eNetwork for
any purpose other than the sourcing of goods and services from women-owned businesses
• Paying the WEConnect International annual membership fee
Global and Market Membership Requirements:
• Have a global/local/regional supplier diversity initiative in-place, or demonstrate plans to initiate
a gender inclusive sourcing effort
• Promote business opportunities with women-owned business certified by WEConnect International
• Track and report purchases from women’s business enterprises, as total spend and as a
percentage of total spend, on an annual basis, where available
2. What are the membership options available at WEConnect International?
WEConnect International offers three types of membership: Global Membership, Market Membership,
and Associate Membership.
3. What are the differences between Global Membership, Market Membership, and Associate Membership?
Global Membership is for corporations looking to work in multiple countries/markets with inclusive
sourcing efforts. Global Membership starts at $15,000 USD per year and includes the following benefits:
• Database – access to a global database of women-owned businesses based in over 115 countries
• Tools - to assist in identifying current women-owned suppliers and sharing contract opportunities
• Intelligence - access to information on doing business in key markets and monthly member calls
featuring interactive discussions and global best practice sharing
• Training - global supplier diversity and inclusion member training as well as strategic planning support
• Benchmarking – measure against world-class supplier diversity and inclusion efforts
• Network support - available in 45 countries for RFI/RFQ/RFP opportunities
• Events - participate in national WEConnect International conferences and Meet the Member events
in key markets
• Networking - meet with private and public sector leaders at events, matchmakers and educational sessions
• Promotion - build your brand by promoting your success with global supplier diversity and inclusion
• Snapshots of impact on communities including contracts awarded, jobs created, etc.
Market Membership is for corporations or government entities looking to work in specific countries/markets
with inclusive sourcing efforts. Market Membership starts at $5,000 USD per year and includes the following benefits:
• Database – access to one local database
• Intelligence – calls with local Market Members
• Network support - for RFI/RFQ/RFP opportunities within
• Events - Participate in WEConnect International conferences and Meet the Member events
• Networking - meet with private and public sector leaders at events, matchmakers and
• Promotion - build your brand by locally promoting your success with global supplier diversity
Associate Membership is available for either Global or Market membership levels, providing access to
member calls, events and resources without access to the eNetwork or the Global and Market Membership
Requirements listed under question 1. Associate Global Membership is $10,000 USD per year and the
Associate Market Membership is $5,000 USD per year.
4. What are the Advisory Council levels and their benefits?
Seats on Advisory Councils are associated with higher Global Membership levels (Plus 1, Plus 5, Plus 10, and
Plus 15). These higher levels allow for corporate members to sit on up to 15 Advisory Councils in the market of
their choosing, where active. It is a non-governing body designed to provide guidance and support to
WEConnect International in the target market for member and women’s business enterprise development.
Participation in Advisory Councils provides members with greater access to resources, networking, and
in-country support. The Advisory Councils convene remotely via conference calls on regular intervals.
5. Can Tier 2 suppliers receive member benefits via another company’s membership?
Tier 2 suppliers are not able to receive benefits or access to the WEConnect International database and are
required to apply as a member having agreed to the membership requirements.
6. Do my membership dues also cover my attendance for signature events?
No, of the WEConnect International events that charge for registration all attendees must purchase tickets.
Unless a company chooses to sponsor an event, then a specific number of tickets are included in the
7. I am a WBENC corporate member. Is my membership reciprocal to WEConnect International?
Although WBENC and WEConnect International are partner organizations, they are separate 501(c)3
organizations with separate membership rates and benefits.