WEConnect International has been active in Canada since the beginning of 2008 working with strategic partners, government agencies, corporate members and outstanding women business owners.
WEConnect International is proud to be the exclusive global partner of the Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) in the U.S. WEConnect International leverages this strong long-term partnership to provide opportunity to the organizations WEConnect International partners with in all target countries, including Canada.
Together, WEConnect International and WBENC are responsible for ensuring universal women's business enterprise certification standards and processes are maintained by our respective affiliates and local partner organizations.
Neither WEConnect International nor WBENC are affiliated with WBE Canada.
Get the most up-to-date information about news and events in Canada on Facebook.
WEConnect International in Canada Annual Conference
In partnership with Reséau des Femmes d'affaires du Québec
September 30 at the OMNI Hotel Mont-Royal, Montreal | October 1 at the Caisse de depot et placement du Quebec, Montreal
A large number of multinational companies are looking for women-owned businesses to supply and purchase products and services through their supplier diversity programs. Corporate members of WEConnect International purchase over $ 700 billion in goods and services each year. Meet the makers and representatives of major companies and several women business owners.
WEConnect International in Canada provides the only globally recognized certification available in Canada for women-owned businesses. WEConnect International is the international partner of the Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) of the USA, the world's leading certification body for businesses owned by women. This event is organized in partnership with Reséau de Femmes d'affaires du Québec, the largest commercial women's business network in Canada.
At this 2-day conference you will:
- Why large multinational corporations are actively seeking to do business with women-owned companies in Canada through supplier diversity programs
- How Canadian women business owners are successfully doing business with large corporations
- Why certification as a women-owned business can be critically important to selling to large multinational companies
- Decision-makers and representatives of major multinational corporations and the women business owners successfully doing business with WEConnect International certification
- Connections, expertise, and knowledge from a global network of women-owned businesses, multinational corporations, and government officials.
- Simultaneous English-French interpretation will be made available throughout the conference.
- To see the full Agenda click here.
- Reserve your place at the conference by clicking here.
- Promote your business! Book a booth for the October 1st event by clicking here.
- Need a Hotel Room? To book a hotel room at the Omni Hotel Mont-Royal for our special rate of $184 CAD, please
visit omnihotels.com/bookyourstay and enter the group code 092914WECONNECT.
New Executive Director for Canada Announced
Washington, DC, June 22, 2014 -- WEConnect International is delighted to announce the appointment of Astrid Pregel as the new Executive Director and Global Advisor for WEConnect International in Canada.
Astrid is widely recognized in Canada as the “god mother” of supplier diversity and inclusion. In 2008, she co-founded and served as executive director of WEConnect International’s work in Canada to introduce women’s business enterprises to the global supply chains of large multi-national corporations.
Astrid has had a distinguished career as a senior executive in Canada’s foreign service, and for the past 20 years has been a global thought leader in the area of gender, leadership, entrepreneurship and economic empowerment. She has also been widely recognized for her leadership in the area of women and international trade. She created the first Canadian International Trade Mission for women entrepreneurs and the first high-level Canada-US Women’s Business Summit. Her consulting company, Feminomics, has worked with organizations around the globe on policy and programs to enhance women’s economic empowerment through entrepreneurship and expanded leadership.
WEConnect International Announces Partnership with Women’s Enterprise Organizations of Canada (WEOC)
June 4, 2014 - WEConnect International and Women’s Enterprise Organizations of Canada (WEOC) signed an agreement today to continue to deliver certification site visits to women’s business enterprises based in Canada.
Elizabeth A. Vazquez, CEO and Co-Founder of WEConnect International, stated that, “We are thrilled to announce our collaboration with WEOC to help ensure certification site visits continue to be available to Canadian women’s business enterprises. WEOC is a powerful network and we are very proud to work with them.”
Paula Sheppard, Board Member of WEOC, added, “We are all happy to continue to support WEConnect International and its mission to connect women business owners around the world with market opportunity. Our goal is to help ensure that women-owned businesses based in Canada can continue to leverage the global platform offered by WEConnect International.”
WEConnect International Streamlines its Women Business Owner Registration Process in Canada
Washington, DC, February 25, 2014 -- WEConnect International, a global non-profit dedicated to helping women business owners succeed in global value chains, is excited to announce a new operating model in Canada designed to increase opportunities for women business owners in the country. The shift in the Canadian model will bring into alignment all of WEConnect International’s global operations including Europe, Asia, Latin America, Middle East and Africa. WEConnect International is the exclusive global partner of the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) in the USA.
The re-launch of WEConnect International in Canada will make it easier for women business owners in Canada to connect with a global network of peers in over 70 countries as well as with a corporate membership representing over $700 billion in annual purchasing power.
The model will allow certified companies in Canada that are at least 51% owned, managed and controlled by one or more women to join the WEConnect International eNetwork directly at www.WEConnectInternational.org. Corporations use the WEConnect International eNetwork to find products and services offered by women suppliers.
Women business owners in Canada who register with WEConnect International will continue to receive the following benefits:
· Access to global commercial opportunities through the WEConnect International eNetwork, a secure online community of corporate members
and women-owned businesses
· Invitations to attend the annual WBENC Conference and Trade Fair in the USA, including the annual WEConnect International Day and Business
· Invitations to forums presented by corporate members, with overviews of their procurement processes and practical tips on sourcing events and
how to respond to Requests for Proposals
· Training workshops on how to leverage your certification and grow your company
· Opportunities to connect with and learn from other certified companies on key success factors and growth strategies
WEConnect International’s global corporate members are industry leaders in supplier inclusion and development. Members include: Accenture, Access Bank, AIG, Alcatel-Lucent, Apple, AT&T, Boeing Company, Cargill, Cisco Systems, Coca-Cola Company, Cummins, D.W. Morgan, Dell, Dunn & Bradstreet, EY, ExxonMobil, Full Circle Exchange, GlaxoSmithKline, Goldman Sachs, Hospira, HP, IBM, Intel, Interpublic, Johnson & Johnson, Johnson Controls, Manpower, Marriott International, MasterCard, Merck, Microsoft, Motorola Solutions, Pfizer, PG&E, Royal Bank of Scotland, Sodexo, Verizon, Walmart, WellPoint, and Wyndham Worldwide.
Click here for the French language version of this press release.
Executive Director for Canada, WEConnect International