Five Global Giants Across Consumer and IT Industries Bring Total to 110
WASHINGTON, DC, Feb. 9, 2021 –WEConnect International announces the addition of five new member buyers committed to advancing their efforts in global supplier diversity.
The addition of the five global giants in consumer packaged goods and IT industries— Diageo; Mars, Incorporated; Softtek; Unilever; and Whirlpool Corporation—brings the total number of member buyers to 110. Collectively, these corporations represent more than $118 billion in annual revenue that will contribute to the growing base of gender inclusive buying power of our members.
“We are excited to have these five outstanding global corporations join our network of member buyers committed to inclusive sourcing,” said Rebecca Pearson, President and Chief Marketing Officer, WEConnect International. “Joining WEConnect International enables them to identify and find suppliers from our more than 11,000 registered women-owned businesses in 120 countries around the world.”
Despite the impact of COVID-19 on businesses around the world, corporations are intensifying their efforts to play a greater role in confronting wider societal issues, including advancing efforts to help small, medium and underrepresented businesses around the world.
About WEConnect International
A corporate-led, global non-profit, WEConnect International works with more than 110 multinational buyers that have committed to sourcing more products and services from women-owned businesses based in over 120 countries. Member buyers collectively represent more than $1 trillion in annual purchasing power. WEConnect International identifies, educates, registers and certifies women’s business enterprises based outside of the U.S. that are at least 51% owned, as well as managed and controlled by one or more women, and connects them with large buyers. WEConnect International provides certification in 47 countries, representing 60% of the world’s population.
About the Five New Global Members:
- Diageo is a global leader in beverage alcohol with an outstanding collection of brands across spirits and beer. Their products are sold in more than 180 countries and their outstanding collection of over 200 brands include Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, J&B, Buchanan’s and Windsor whiskies, Smirnoff, Cîroc and Ketel One vodkas, Captain Morgan, Baileys, Don Julio, Tanqueray and Guinness. Employing more than 27,775 talented people who work together to grow their business and nurture their brands, they are committed to their professional and personal development, and ensuring that Diageo is a great place to work. They recently launched a 10-year action plan to help create a more inclusive and sustainable world. Diageo is committed to promoting a positive role for alcohol; to championing inclusion and diversity; to preserving the natural resources on which our long-term success depends; and making a positive contribution to the communities in which they live, work, source and sell.
- Mars, Incorporated is a global, family-owned business with a diverse and expanding portfolio of confectionery, food, and petcare products and services. Mars employs 133,000 dedicated Associates who produce some of the world’s best-loved brands including DOVE®, EXTRA®, M&M’s®, MILKY WAY®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, ORBIT®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, SKITTLES®, BEN’S ORIGINAL™, WHISKAS®, COCOAVIA®, and 5™; and take care of half of the world’s pets through pet health services AniCura, Banfield Pet Hospitals™, BluePearl®, Linnaeus, Pet Partners™, and VCA™.
- Softtek is a global company and the largest provider of IT services from Latin America. With a broad portfolio of business-transforming products and solutions, Softtek helps Global 2000 organizations evolve their digital capabilities, constantly and seamlessly, from ideation and development to execution. The above, achieved by the company through creativity and innovation that arises from the synergy between individuals with different experiences, perspectives and cultures. Diversity within Softtek expands its base of knowledge and skills, which in turn enables it to better understand and respond to their diverse and evolving clients around the world.
- Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Beauty & Personal Care, Home Care, and Foods & Refreshment products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2.5 billion consumers a day. It has over 150,000 employees and generated sales of €52 billion in 2019. Over half of the company’s footprint is in developing and emerging markets. Unilever has around 400 brands found in homes all over the world, including Dove, Knorr, Dirt Is Good, Rexona, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, Lux, Magnum, Sunsilk, Ben & Jerry’s, Sunlight and Lifebuoy. Learn more about Unilever’s recently announced social ambition.
- Whirlpool Corporation is the world’s leading kitchen and laundry appliance company, with approximately $20 billion in annual sales, 77,000 employees and 59 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2019. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesitand other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
For more information or media interviews, please contact, Rebecca Pearson, Chief Marketing Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1-202-810-6000.
For corporate membership, contact Michael Tobolski, VP of Member Development, email@example.com, or online at https://weconnectinternational.org/en/corporate-membership/membership-opportunities
For details on Registering Your Women-Owned Business or becoming a certified Women Business Enterprise, please contact Melanie Oliver