Please scroll down to learn more about the following opportunities:
1. WEConnect International Market Lead for Nigeria
2. Consultant -- Manager of Programs, Partnerships and Communications in Canada
3. Chief Operating Officer in Washington, DC
4. Internship Positions in Washington, DC
1. Position: WEConnect International Market Lead for Nigeria
Program name: Growing Women-Owned Businesses Through Access to Markets
Main Purpose: To provide leadership, vision and strategic direction to WEConnect International in Nigeria in accordance with the core values and purpose and in co-operation with WEConnect International including:
1. To be responsible for the development and management of WEConnect International in Nigeria and to ensure proper governance and accountability.
2. To develop corporate and public sector support for women business owners and develop and engage certified women-owned businesses and corporate members in Nigeria.
3. To ensure that WEConnect International in Nigeria continues to play a key role and makes the best possible contribution to WEConnect International’s objectives and strongly participates in the development of the global strategy
Reporting to: WEConnect International Director of Women’s Business Development
Click here to learn more about the position and application process. The deadline for proposals is January 15, 2016.
2. Position: Consultant -- Manager of Programs, Partnerships and Communications
WEConnect International in Canada
Location: Toronto region
WEConnect International is a global non-profit organization that helps women-owned businesses succeed in global value chains. WEConnect International identifies, educates, registers and certifies women’s business enterprises based outside the U.S.A. that are at least 51% owned, managed and controlled by one or more women and connect them with multinational corporate buyers. WEConnect International corporate members represent over US$1 trillion in annual purchasing power.
Under the direction of the Executive Director of WEConnect International in Canada, the consultant will serve as the Canada Manager of Programs, Partnerships and Communications to help support the supplier diversity and inclusion movement for women in Canada.
• Leads the development of the WEConnect International in Canada programming across Canada while working closely with the global education team in Washington, D.C.
• Works closely with, strengthens and helps to grow the extensive partnership network of WEConnect International in Canada with the private, public and non profit sectors
• Liaises with and supports corporate members with women-owned business development
• Plans, manages and executes events for WEConnect International in Canada
• Manages communications strategies, including social media for Canada working closely with the communications team in Washington, D.C.
• Manages the Canada contact database and Canada budget and provides other administrative support as required by the Executive Director in Canada
• Self-starter with a high degree of organization, professional demeanour, and interpersonal skills
• Experience in relationship building in the private, public and/or non profit sectors
• Excellent written, oral and social media communications skills
• Event planning and management experience
• Strong administrative, logistical and project planning skills
• Ability to work in flexible and creative ways with a broad range of partner organizations
• Passion for women’s economic empowerment
• Experience working with and managing budgets
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Fluency in English is required and fluency in French is preferred
3. Position: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Washington, DC
Reporting to: WEConnect International CEO
Organization Information: WEConnect International, a corporate-led global non-profit, helps women-owned businesses succeed in global value chains. WEConnect International identifies, educates, registers, and certifies women's business enterprises based outside of the U.S. that are at least 51% owned, managed, and controlled by one or more women, and then connects them with multinational corporate buyers. WEConnect International corporate members represent over $1 trillion in annual purchasing power and are true pioneers in inclusive sourcing and global supplier development.
Job Overview: WEConnect International has been growing since 2009 and is seeking to dramatically accelerate growth. The Chief Operating Officer (COO) is a mission-focused, strategic, and process-minded leader with experience scaling an organization, leading an executive management team, and developing a performance culture among a group of diverse, talented individuals. The COO is a leader who is able to help others at WEConnect International deliver measurable, cost-effective results that make the vision a reality. The COO has the skills, sensitivity, and personal confidence to tap into the power that each member of the team brings to this mission. While it is essential that the COO bring efficient and effective systems to increase the productivity of the organization, is it also critical that the team retain the creative and entrepreneurial spark that drives WEConnect International.
Job Responsibilities: Reporting to the CEO of WEConnect International, the COO leads all internal operations and will have the following responsibilities:
• Working in partnership with the CEO, deliver on the strategic five-year plan and implement new processes and approaches to achieve it
• Serve as the internal leader of the organization:
• Implementation of the annual operations plan and budget
• Lead the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against goals for the organization
• Provide for all staff a strong day-to-day leadership presence; bridge global operations and support an open-door policy among all staff
• Lead and manage the organization’s staff
• Cultivate the values of the organization
• Instill a human capital development and “coaching” culture and upgrade human resources functions including: training, development, compensation and benefits, employee relations, performance evaluation and recruiting
• Present to the Board at meetings and serve on Board committees
Key Qualifications: The COO believes in the core values of WEConnect International and is driven by the mission. The COO demonstrates a passion for breaking new ground to lead social change. Beyond that, the COO has proven experience in scaling a global organization and a demonstrated ability to both lead and build the capabilities of a driven, bright, diverse team.
The COO will have had management experience with similar organizations and/or major projects. As noted, this is an organization driven by the values of its people, so experience in managing a “values-driven” organization is highly prized. Additional requirements are:
• Results—proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; high level of business acumen including successful P&L management; the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget; and problem solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness
• Strategic Vision and Agility—ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan
• Capacity Building—ability to effectively build organization and staff capacity, developing a top-notch workforce and the processes that ensure the organization runs smoothly
• Leadership and Organization—exceptional capacity for managing and leading people; a team builder who has experience in scaling up organizations; ability to connect staff both on an individual level and in large groups; capacity to enforce accountability, develop and empower top-notch leaders, cultivate entrepreneurship, and learn the strengths and weaknesses of the team so as to put people in a position to succeed
• Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; not afraid to take charge of a situation
• General Management—thorough understanding of finance, systems, and HR; broad experience with the full range of business functions and systems, including strategic development and planning, budgeting, business analysis, finance, information systems, human resources, and marketing
• Solid educational background—undergraduate degree required; MBA or similar advanced degree highly desired
4. Position: Intern -- Washington, DC
WEConnect International offers interns an opportunity to gain valuable professional experience and insights into nonprofit, corporate and international work spheres as well as knowledge about women in business issues and private sector approaches to diversity and inclusion.
Opportunities are well suited to a wide range of majors, including business, communications, graphic design, marketing, and international relations.
Fall applications accepted July 1-August 15
Spring applications accepted Oct 15-Dec 10
Summer applications accepted March 15-June 15