Level: Mid-level, 5-7 years experience, reports to COO
Location: Washington, D.C. office
Organization Information: WEConnect International, a corporate-led global non-profit, helps build sustainable communities by empowering women business owners to succeed in local and global markets. WEConnect International has since 2009 provided business education, certification, and business connections to companies based outside the United States that are at least 51 percent owned, managed and controlled by one or more women. WEConnect International corporate members represent $700 billion in annual purchasing power and are true pioneers in inclusive sourcing and global supplier development. www.WEConnectInternational.org
Job Overview: Must apply marketing and communications skills, technology and social media experience, basic graphic design capability, as well as the ability to effectively handle multiple projects. The Communications Manager will work closely with senior leadership to enhance the brand of WEConnect International.
• Implement global marketing strategies
• Write stories and create regular content that articulates WEConnect’s value through brochures, press releases, blogs, etc.
• Engage key audiences across select social media platforms
• Manage publication production, including editing and liaising with contributors, designers and printers
• Provide marketing and other support as needed for events such as conferences, receptions and exhibitions
• Cultivate media relationships and outreach, provide first point of contact for media requests
Key Qualifications: Exceptional writing and communications skills in English are required. Must be digitally fluent and relationship focused. The successful candidate will demonstrate creativity, strategic thinking, and brand awareness and will be comfortable in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment.
Digital skills are important. Successful candidates will have demonstrable experience with social media campaigns as well as layout, graphic, and web design programs.
Relevant college degree preferred and proficiency in a foreign language is a plus.