The BUY UP Index is a new app that allows consumers to make purchasing decisions based on a company’s demonstrated commitment to gender equality. The organization rates everyday brands and products and the companies behind them. Using a proprietary rating methodology, the BUY UP index assesses companies on four major areas: Women Employees, Women Leadership, Corporate Citizenship, and Marketing.
We are proud to say several WEConnect International corporate members earned A and B grades in their industry categories, and some earned top positions. Remarkably, Procter & Gamble received an A rating in three separate industries. Here are the member corporations who made the lists (A grades in bold):
- Apple for Cell Phones
- BNY Mellon for Banks
- Coca-Cola for Beverages
- Estée Lauder Companies for Beauty Products
- Johnson & Johnson for Beauty Products
- JP Morgan Chase for Banks (JP Morgan Chase is ranked number one in the category.)
- Microsoft for Cell Phones (Microsoft is ranked number one in the category.)
- PepsiCo for Beverages as well as Food
- Procter & Gamble for Beauty Products, Household Products, and Tampons (P&G is ranked number one for household products and tampons, and is the only company to receive an A for household products.)
- Walmart for “Big Box”
- Wells Fargo for Banks
Congratulations to all!