WASHINGTON, DC, September 16, 2020 – Six new corporate powerhouses have become member buyers of WEConnect International, demonstrating their commitment to supplier diversity, Michael Tobolski, Vice President of Member Development, announced today.
“Even as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact many of our supporters around the globe, these corporations realize the importance of investing in the diversification of their supply chains,” Tobolski said. “Consumers want to buy from companies that walk the walk and commit to sourcing goods and services from women-owned businesses.”
New Global Members:
- BP plc is a British multinational oil and gas company, headquartered in London, and is one of the world’s seven oil and gas “supermajors.” BP operates in all facets of the oil and gas industry, including exploration and production, refining, distribution and marketing, petrochemicals, power generation and trading. It also has renewable energy interests in biofuels, wind power, smart grid and solar technology.
- Micron Technology, Inc. is a US producer of computer memory and computer data storage including dynamic random-access memory, flash memory and USB flash drives. Its consumer products are marketed under the brands Crucial and Ballistix. Micron and Intel created IM Flash Technologies, which produces NAND flash memory.
- Logitech International S.A. is an American-Swiss manufacturer of computer peripherals and software. The company has offices throughout Europe, Asia, Oceania and the Americas and is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of input and interface devices for personal computers and other digital products.
- Vodafone Group has mobile operations in 24 countries, partners with mobile networks in 42 more, and fixed broadband operations in 19 markets. As of 31 December 2019, Vodafone Group had approximately 625 million mobile customers, 27 million fixed broadband customers and 22 million TV customers, including all of the customers in Vodafone’s joint ventures and associates. For more information, please visit: www.vodafone.com.
- Medtronic plc is an American-Irish medical device company providing services to the US healthcare system. Medtronic also operates in 140 countries and employs over 100,000 people.
- Motorola Solutions is the leading global provider of end to end mission critical communication solutions and services. Our technology platforms, command center software, video security & analytics, bolstered by managed & support services, enable our customers to be their best, in the moments that matter. Visit their website
WEConnect International is honored to have more than 100 major member buyers globally. In addition, the network hosts more than 10,000 women entrepreneurs who are eager to scale up their businesses. WEConnect International is launching its WECommunity platform and its new website soon, which will make it even more efficient and effective for buyers to connect with suppliers worldwide.
“Women-owned businesses earn less than1 percent of global spend on vendors by large corporations and governments,” said WEConnect International President, Rebecca Pearson. “We are making the case for more inclusive value chains by investing in technology to ultimately put more money into the hands of women.”