In Costa Rica, WEConnect International has partnered with One Stop Search, a consulting company that specializes in SME throughout Central America, to deliver WEConnect International services.
VIDEO: The Costa Rica Minister of Economy, Industry and Trade, Mayi Antillon, talks during the 2nd. Annual WEConnect International Forum in Costa Rica about WEConnect International and the importance of promoting women's economic inclusion. (In Spanish with English Subtitles) -October 31, 2013.
VIDEO: Speakers from the 2nd. Annual WEConnect International Forum in Costa Rica talk about WEConnect International and the importance of promoting women's economic inclusion. (In Spanish) -October 31, 2013.
News and Events
18 Agosto, 2016
Unas 70 mujeres empresarias participarán de la Expo Mujer Emprende que da inicio mañana.
La actividad presentará servicios de salud, arte en madera, joyería, belleza, hogar y decoración, entre otros.
Monday, November 21, 2016
Marriott Hotel, Belén, San José 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- The largest annual event organized by WEConnect International in Costa Rica.
- Fosters and promotes commercial exchange between women entrepreneurs and multinational corporations through one-on-one matchmaking meetings.
- Participants interested in presenting their products or services to corporate procurement, human resources, marketing and social responsibility managers.
- Approximately 250 attendees, including 50 women-owned businesses certified by WEConnect International and more than 60 buyers from multiple corporations.
- A variety of industries represented by women-owned businesses, including health, food and beverage, cosmetics, cleaning products, consulting, personal assistance, coaching, events, architecture, human resources, fashion, agriculture, tourism, legal and administrative services, and technology, among others.
(August 3, 2016) PyJ Recreación y Eventos is a woman-owned company founded in 2010 which organizes, consults and manages social, recreational events, and weddings. They operate with the support of more than 40 suppliers of all kinds and a staff of five people.
PyJ Recreación y Eventos was certified in May 2014 and, in 2015, participated in a matchmaker Business Roundtable organized by WEConnect International during which they made the initial contact with corporate member Sodexo. "Being a certified company opened the doors for us and gave us the recognition we needed. We definitely owe the interest to be open to negotiate to our certification," states Paola.