Regional Director for South Asia
Senior Level Position
WEConnect International Chief Marketing Officer
WEConnect International has been growing steadily and is now seeking to accelerate growth dramatically. Therefore, the position requires that the individual is mission-focused, strategic, collaborative, self-motivated, adaptable, and a demonstrated leader. The position involves management of all efforts and engagements of WEConnect International in South Asia, comprising of India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan, and Nepal. Lead market representatives in South Asia to support and expand the local impact of WEConnect International.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND MARKETING
- Head business development efforts and manage country leads to build long-term, trusted relationships that produce outcomes in line with regional strategy, partnership agreements, and programs in the South Asia region.
- Develop the local market leads to identify new funding sources, grow company networks, and deliver high-quality services and products for women-owned businesses.
- Manage country leads to map current corporate relations, identify partnerships, and generate leads for new sources of grants and sources of funding.
- Engage member buyers of WEConnect International in opportunities to interact with local women-owned businesses and to develop initiatives or programs that support the success of local women-owned businesses and their access to markets.
- Identify opportunities for engagement with new corporate and local members to increase partnerships.
- Work with the country leads to developing and implementing country-level strategies for recruiting local women-owned businesses and developing their skills and capacities for business success.
- Lead monthly advisory calls with members and market leads.
- Adapt global materials that ensure a consistent message, brand, engagement, and value-added services for diverse stakeholders in South Asia.
- Draft Statement of Works for events and programs in the region and conduct events.
EFFECTIVE ORGANIZATIONAL MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT
- Manage local market leads performance and ability to meet strategic goals and objectives directly tied to impact and value-added services.
- Meet with key stakeholders to elevate the profile of WEConnect International, build relationships with potential funders and thought leaders, and strengthen relationships in South Asia.
- Participate in all team and member calls to provide information about achievements, challenges, and best practices.
- Hold monthly regional and monthly one-on-one calls with local market leads.
- Work with the global team as the project lead in the South Asia region, including scoping of timelines, budgets, and team implementation to deliver the organization's key targets and benchmarks.
- Support the CEO, CMO, and COO's travel to regional meetings, events, and engagements to ensure that trips deliver the highest impact and meet strategic objectives, including developing short briefs on relevant local issues.
EDUCATION/HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Solid educational background – undergraduate degree required, MBA, or similar advanced degree highly desired.
- Over seven years of working experience in South Asia with extensive knowledge of the markets and local socio-economic issues.
- Demonstrable success in developing and implementing strategies and work plans that produce measurable outcomes and contribute to organizational goals and growth.
- Established network of relevant stakeholders working on women’s economic empowerment and entrepreneurship.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with government, corporate, SME, multinationals, and NGO networks.
- Awareness of issues affecting women-own businesses in the region, particularly the specific barriers faced by women entrepreneurs, with preferred experience or working knowledge of women-owned businesses in South Asia.
- Track record of identifying, establishing, and managing strategic partnerships.
- Functional experience with supply chain systems and procurement processes, both locally and internationally, is highly desired.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Hindi and or Bangla a plus
- Ability to travel as needed in the South Asia region.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work alone, as a part of a team, and to set and meet targets independently and to manage and deliver projects to timelines.
- A ‘self-starter’ with excellent motivational skills, enthusiasm, vision, and a willingness to think big and encourage the team to develop approaches to overcome challenges
WEConnect International, a corporate-led global non-profit, helps build sustainable communities by empowering women business owners to succeed in local and global markets. www.WEConnectInternational.org
HOW TO APPLY: