Regional Corporate and Partner Engagement Manager
Mid to Senior Level
WEConnect International Regional Director for Latin America and the Caribbean
WEConnect International has been growing steadily and is now seeking to dramatically accelerate growth. Therefore, the position requires that the individual is mission-focused, strategic, collaborative, self-motivated, adaptable, process minded and has a strong business development background. The Regional Corporate and Partner Engagement Manager must be a leader who is able to build new relationships with corporations and other organizations that could become members or funders of WEConnect International locally.
- Lead the engagement and expansion of WEConnect International's corporate member presence in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Collaborate with WEConnect International's Business Development team and Regional Director to execute a business development plan to meet revenue targets.
- Develop a fundraising strategy for all regional events.
- Demonstrated ability to source and network for new member growth.
- Develop lead pipeline for the global business development team by identifying potential local and regional corporate members.
- Conduct stakeholder research, outreach, and build relationships and partnerships to identify grants available in the region and/or opportunities for additional funded projects.
- Convey relevant targeted messaging to raise awareness about the benefits of membership and drive partnership interest with WEConnect International.
- Work closely with the Regional Director for Latin America and the Caribbean, the Vice president of Member Development and the Regional Outreach and Event Managers in efforts focused on engaging corporate members, establishing business connections and positioning WEConnect International's brand among private and public stakeholders in the region
- Engage corporate members procurement processes and host strategic activities and events in the region to enhance business opportunities with women-owned companies.
- Work with the Events and Outreach Managers to ensure corporate members connect with women-owned businesses.
- Support the implementation of corporate-led projects in the region and develop strategies with corporate members to facilitate greater buying access to women-owned businesses.
- Promote WEConnect International's set of tools to enhance business connections and training to procurement officials on Supplier Diversity and Inclusion.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and understanding of the issues relevant to women entrepreneurs, issues impacting global value chains, and best practices in supply chain development.
- Provide evaluation and reporting to the global team to further member engagement.
EDUCATION/HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Relevant educational background – undergraduate degree required, MBA or similar advanced degree highly desired
- Fluency in English, Spanish and Portuguese required.
- Travel in the region required.
- Proven success in sales and business development.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the development and implementation of projects, set and meet targets independently, and to manage and deliver projects according to budgets and timelines.
- Problem-solving skills to further decision-making during engagements and interactions with key prospects.
- Ability to build relationships quickly and close local member business.
- Strong relationship management history with regional and multinational corporations.
- Familiarity with procurement practices nationally and internationally or knowledge and experience with supply chain systems and processes.
- Gender equality and diversity experience a plus.
- Good communication and presentation skills with experience relating to a wide variety of audiences.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Disciplined, detail oriented, and organized.
- Employ the attributes of a 'self-starter' with excellent motivational skills, enthusiasm, vision, and a willingness to think big and encourage the team to develop approaches to overcome challenges.
- Work with a sense of urgency.
WEConnect International, a corporate-led global non-profit, helps build sustainable communities by empowering women business owners to succeed in local and global markets. www.WEConnectInternational.org
HOW TO APPLY: