Capacity Training Manager
WEConnect International Director of Certification and Training
WEConnect International has been growing steadily and is now seeking to dramatically accelerate growth. Therefore, the position requires that the individual be mission-focused, collaborative, a strong team player, looks for ways of how to strengthen the team environment and support colleagues, creative, self-motivated, open to change, and process minded. The individual should have relevant business experience, specific training and development skills, and strong communication skills to be able to adjust to the different requirements and cultural conditions of the diverse operating environments. The Capacity Training Manager provides support across 46+ countries and needs to understand the complexities of international and cultural differences and show flexibility in the approach to training.
- Support the development of regional trainings by working closely with the global teams and staff to develop strategic relationships with relevant training service providers/other stakeholders and to identify and deliver innovative training services.
- Stay abreast of trends and good practices in training, e-learning, personal and professional development.
- Identify and support the development of new training course subjects or services.
- Use full lifecycle ADDIE methodology to independently deliver an approach to training, prioritize impacts, identify capacity building opportunities for women-owned businesses, evaluate the effectiveness of training, and develop best practice content.
OVERALL MANAGEMENT OF DONOR FUNDED TRAINING PROGRAMS
- Manage specific tailor-made training jobs as requested by clients, ranging from short-term training workshops to longer-term training, facilitation, and consultancy.
- Highly organized and methodical approaches to managing needs analysis, project management and support of training programs worldwide.
- Provide instructional design support to capacity building initiatives.
- Manage and collaborate with staff and trainers for efficient and high-quality delivery to budget and high standards, including negotiation of terms of reference and contracts, needs assessment, and quality assurance.
- Manage trainers’ involvement within the training programs, including identification and selection of trainers and support in course design and delivery.
- Overall management of the quality assurance of the trainings, including design of the training, observations with feedback, analysis of participant’s feedback and sharing of learning, innovation, and good practices.
- Compile and provide data, oral and written reports for management purposes, and weekly status reports to all stakeholders.
- Develop, monitor, and report on annual and project budgets in the field of training in collaboration with finance team and approve related expenditures.
- Adhere to internal information and management systems and policies (e.g. timesheets, financial reporting.)
- Undertake any other duties which may from time to time be required; this job description is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive but is issued as a general guideline to the main areas of responsibilities
EDUCATION/HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Relevant educational background – undergraduate degree preferred. (Finance or Business Administration a plus)
- 8+ years’ experience in delivery of business management training in finance, business development, sales, marketing, or general business required.
- Applied analytical skills to assess the complexities of international and global training, design and development of micro-learning, infographics, job aids, e-learning videos.
- Functional knowledge of Adobe Captivate or similar, and WBT, CBT, ILT, and V-ILT programs. LMS experience a plus.
- Have performed training needs analysis both for current and future needs to build education and capacity knowledge.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Disciplined, detail oriented, and organized.
- Ability to own the role and work independently with little direction in collaboration with the team.
WEConnect International, a corporate-led global non-profit, helps build sustainable communities by empowering women business owners to succeed in local and global markets. www.WEConnectInternational.org
HOW TO APPLY: