Mid-level, independent contractor
Main Purpose of the job:
Serve as WEConnect International’s assessor in Mexico
WEConnect International Director of Certification
WEConnect International, a corporate-led global non-profit, helps build sustainable communities by empowering women business owners to succeed in local and global markets. WEConnect International has since 2009 provided business education, certification, and business connections to companies based outside the United States that are at least 51 percent owned, managed and controlled by one or more women. WEConnect International upholds the global standards for women business enterprises certification of ownership, management and control, with the assistance of local assessors trained to evaluate if a company is at 51% owned by one or more women www.WEConnectInternational.org
WEConnect International is looking to hire a contractor with experience in evaluating ownership, management and control of private women-owned companies incorporated in Mexico.
Provide key support on the certification process by completing certification assessments (on-site, virtual, or document review), following WEConnect International’s assessment guidelines and type of assessment specified.
Core Preferred Competencies:
Accounting, corporate law or business training. On-demand availability.
- The contractor is expected to devote her/his best efforts to provide support on the certification process by completing certification assessments/evaluations (on-site, virtual, or document review), following WEConnect International’s assessment guidelines and type of assessment specified. Only the WEConnect International eNetwork will be used to process certification applications, assessments, and renewals, including payment of fees.
- Complete training and be familiar with WEConnect’s International platform, the eNetwork, and how to complete certification assessments
- Forward all WEConnect International related requests, information or inquires to WEConnect International Regional team for Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Participate in trainings on certification procedures and standards.
- Uphold the global standards for WBE certification and disclose any conflicts of interest to WEConnect International. Refer all questions related to the outcome of certification assessments to the certification team at WEConnect International HQ.
- Fluency in English and Spanish – familiar with corporate law and financial terms in English and Spanish.
- Training in accounting or corporate finance, corporate law or business training
- Have experience in reviewing incorporation documents of companies of all sizes.
- Availability to conduct (2 to 3 hour) assessments on-demand and flexibility to be paid on a fee-for-service basis.
- Awareness of the business case for buying from women-owned businesses.
How to Apply: